Dear Praying Friends and Family,
1 How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD of hosts!
2 My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the LORD; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God.
3 Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, at your altars, O LORD of hosts, my King and my God.
4 Blessed are those who dwell in your house, ever singing your praise! Selah
5 Blessed are those whose strength is in you, in whose heart are the highways to Zion.
6 As they go through the Valley of Baca they make it a place of springs; the early rain also covers it with pools.
7 They go from strength to strength; each one appears before God in Zion.
8 O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer; give ear, O God of Jacob! Selah
9 Behold our shield, O God; look on the face of your anointed!
10 For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.
12 O LORD of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you!
1. The CLA block party was a huge success. God granted the clear weather we needed. It was well attended. Volunteers were numerous. We were able to net >$18,000 for the school. We made connections in the community. God was generous to us.
2. God has blessed CLA with a director for institutional development. This is a vital step in the growth of CLA. This director will be involved in marketing, public relations, and fund raising. Sarah Holmes has such a tremendous vision for this new role, and we are excited to have her join us in this capacity.
3. The CLA musical “Schoolhouse Rock” was very well done and enjoyed by all. What a great way to remind us of classical methodology in the grammar stage! If only we could get those songs out of our heads.
4. Emergency Day was also another huge success. So many first responders and emergency personnel were able to attend and teach the students (and parents). The helicopters are always a big hit.
5. CLA is graduating some fantastic students. We are so proud of them, and thrilled to see what God has in store for them.
6. God has blessed us with some great teacher applications. We are so glad that Anna Collins and Rebecca Rodgers will be joining our team. Pray for their transition.
7. New families are now interviewing with Dr. Arnold, and we are anticipating growth in enrollment this year.
1. Pray that God will meet our immediate financial needs, and grant us wisdom regarding our long term planning.
2. There are still upcoming interviews for available faculty positions at CLA. Pray that God would send the right folks to us.
3. We look forward to the summer break. Pray that God would help us keep our eyes on Him.
4. Graduation ceremonies are a reminder that we are sending students off into the next phase of the journey. Pray for parents and graduates, as this can be a challenging time of seeking the Lord.
5. Pray for our Principal David Park. He has been such a blessing to CLA over the years. We will miss him as God is calling him to a new endeavor in Kingdom building.
6. We are still progressing through the process of possible relocation. Pray that if God desires this to happen, that He would swing the doors wide open.
7. Pray for a growing spiritual unity in the body of Christ for the Kingdom in our area.
CLA Board of Directors
Mission Statement: We partner with families to classically educate students to think, live, and engage the world in a manner that consistently brings glory to God.
Board Book of the Quarter: Strong and Weak by Andy Crouch