Dr. Arnold’s Vita
- Doctor of Philosophy, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Master of Divinity: Biblical Languages, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Joe B. Brown award for excellence in expository preaching
- Bachelor of Science in Business: Organizational Development / Human Resource Management, Tennessee Wesleyan College
Shane Arnold, Ph.D.
Head of School
Greetings in the name of the Lord. My name is Shane Arnold, and I am privileged to serve at CLA as the Head of School. Prior to serving in this position, I served as a senior pastor for churches in Tennessee and North Carolina. I also served on the board of directors of CLA before transitioning to administrative leadership.
My wife, Kim, and I have 3 children who all attend CLA. We have Joshua, Lucas, and Abby. My family and I love being a part of what God is doing in and through CLA. As we come closer to the end of our first decade, and look back with thanksgiving for what God has done, we look forward to the future with eager anticipation.
At CLA we are radically committed to providing a Christ-centered education in a Christ-shaped school culture. We strive every day to honor Christ. Hence, we are committed to cultivating a culture of improvement in an atmosphere of grace.
Specifically, we pray students who graduate from Christ’s Legacy Academy will:
- By committing to and developing a personal relationship with God through Christ.
- By committing to know, understand, and apply God’s word in all areas of life.
- By committing to finding, developing, and using their gifts and talents to serve others.
- By committing to the practice of servant leadership in the home, church, and community.
- By committing to building up the body of Christ through local church involvement.
- By mastering skills in reading, writing, persuasive communication, mathematics, science, and history.
- By developing the ability to analyze, synthesize, and apply knowledge from various subjects from a biblical perspective.
- By learning to think deeply and creatively across disciplines.
- By demonstrating independent study habits and organizational skills.
- By respecting human life and human dignity built on an understanding of human beings as creatures made in God’s image.
- By developing a relationship with God that shapes one’s relationships with others.
- By demonstrating the fruit of the Spirit in all personal interactions.
- By leaving a multi-generational legacy though a commitment to build godly families.
- By living as a witness vocationally through a godly work ethic.
- By meeting practical needs of fellow human beings.
- By supporting God’s global purposes through giving and/or going to nations with the gospel.
As you take time to peruse our website, I hope you will realize this is a special place because of the people – faculty, staff, volunteers, students, parents, and grandparents. I encourage you to come to our campus and experience the difference that is CLA.