About the Role
- Develops and implements plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required
- Presents the subject matter according to the guidelines established by Christ’s Legacy Academy
- Plans and uses appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to requirements
- Consistently assesses student achievement through formal and informal testing
- Assumes responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned
- Presents a positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school
- Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, spiritual, - and emotional development of students.
- Manages student behavior in the classroom and administers discipline according to the policies of CLA
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
- Establishes and maintains open communications with students and parents
- Maintains a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members
- Participates in staff development program
- Demonstrates interest and initiative in professional improvement
- Demonstrates behavior that is professional, ethical, responsible, and Christ-like
- Complies, maintains, and files all reports, records, and other documents required
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings and serves on staff committees as required
- Agrees with the core values, statement of faith, and mission statement of Christ’s Legacy Academy
- Maintains ACSI Certification
Christ’s Legacy Academy, a K-12th grade classical Christian school in Athens, TN, seeks qualified, full-time Logic/Rhetoric teachers (7th through 12th grades) in a variety of subjects. Preference will be given to candidates with a bachelor’s degree, prior teaching experience, and a desire to learn and grow in their understanding of classical Christian education. A successful candidate will have a strong desire to build a God-honoring classroom experience marked by excellence. The applicant must also possess a love of students and a passion for mentoring and discipleship. If interested, please contact Shane Arnold, by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bachelor’s degree in education/English, master’s degree preferred
Maintain a positive, highly efficient, organized, professional and confidential manner in job execution
Knowledge and practical experience regarding basic computer skills, including Google Suite and Microsoft Office
Born again Christian who knows the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior (John 3:3, 1 Peter 1:23) Views the Bible as the only inerrant, infallible, and inspired Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16). High moral character and good attendance record.
Stand for long periods of time
Speak clearly so listeners can understand
About the Company
Christ's Legacy Academy is a K-12 ACSI accredited Classical Christian Education School in Athens, TN, structured by the Trivium - Grammar, Logic, and Rhetoric stages of learning. Our average enrollment is 160 students with approximately 20 full time and part time faculty and staff. We're passionate about discipling and raising up the next generation to be well spoken, Godly adults who prosper in all areas of their lives.