About the Role
- Adhering to the curriculum and lesson plans assigned by the regular teacher.
- Following procedures and achieving lesson goals.
- Assigning and explaining homework.
- Overseeing students outside of the classroom and outside
- Complying with all school regulations and policies at all times.
- Taking attendance and documenting daily notes.
- Ensuring the classroom and work stations are kept clean and orderly.
- Overseeing the normal classroom rhythms and activities.
- Compiling a report for the teacher for when they return.
We are currently searching for confident and experienced substitute teachers to join our team. If you are a friendly and competent professional with an interest in education, then we’re interested in you. Your duties will include assigning homework, managing classroom activities, and compiling reports.
To excel in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of effective teaching practices that ensure learning is a comfortable and meaningful experience. Our ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with a strong command of the English language.
High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
Certificate in teaching or substitute teaching preferred.
Maintain a positive, highly efficient, organized, professional and confidential manner in job execution
Must be detail-oriented and able to follow written and verbal instructions.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge and practical experience regarding basic computer skills, including Google Suite and Microsoft Office
Born again Christian who knows the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior (John 3:3, 1 Peter 1:23). Views the Bible as the only inerrant, infallible, and inspired Word of God (II Timothy 3:16). High moral character and good attendance record.
About the Company
Christ's Legacy Academy is a K-12 ACSI accredited Classical Christian Education School in Athens, TN, structured by the Trivium - Grammar, Logic, and Rhetoric stages of learning. Our average enrollment is 160 students with approximately 20 full time and part time faculty and staff. We're passionate about discipling and raising up the next generation to be well spoken, Godly adults who prosper in all areas of their lives.